My Little Pony: Magic Is Fiendish
Magic is Fiendish takes place two generations before the time of the cartoon series; as a rough description, think: . o O ( When Granny Smith was a young filly who hadn’t earned her cutie mark. ) It’s just a bit more than 900 years after Nightmare Moon was imprisoned in the moon, but many years before most of the characters in the series will be born. The location is on a corner of the official map that isn’t filled in well, so we can make up stuff without worrying about contradicting the show too much (for those of us using the show as a reference).
The nearby Badlands is the home of the changelings, or at least it is where the changelings fled at the end of the Royal Wedding. A bit farther south is the area that is said to be dominated by dragons.
: :: ::: Places ::: :: :
- Baltimare – A big city on the east coast of Equestria.
- Brindlebury – A hick town if ever there was one, governed by a council of Selectponies.
- New Moon Acres – A farm operated by Big Baler and Hay Buck Hayseed.
- Garnish Towers – A quaint bed-and-breakfast just off the Brindlebury Pike, operated by Basil and Icy.
- General Store – Doubles as the post office and gossip hub.
- Old Whately Farm – Another farm; owned by Hurryup Ann’s father, Barley Whately.
- Canterlot – The fabulous and magical capital of Equestria and home to Princess Celestia.
- Dodge Junction – A frontier town known for its rodeo.
- Manehattan – Famous for fashion, mixed drinks, and monolithic architecture.
- Marblehoof – A once-prosperous and populous town, now fallen into decline for reasons nopony now alive remembers clearly.
- Vanhoover – A cosmopolitan city on the northwest coast of Equestria.
- Windsmouth – Nopony likes to talk about it and its perpetual storm; pegasi from there are shunned.